Sister Purmul sheds light on evaluating one own self for self improvement. She offers some practical steps of muhasabah (self evaluation).
What I've learnt is that Muhasabah is deliberate self-evaluation and self-development process, which is tied to time and time management. Practical ways towards Muhasabah include:
1. During the daily prayer, during sujud is the best time to self-reflect
2. During istighfar, reflect on what we are repenting for
Bottomline is to have goals to:
1. Increase our spirituality
2. Increase our knowledge
3. Increase brotherhood/sisterhood
4. Increase islamic/community's activism
5. Increase family relationships
6. Improve our health
May we be among those who self-reflect and follow a bad deed with a good deed on a daily basis.