Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Texan Who Found Allah

By Chris Irwin, 7 October 2003

Key Excerpts
Islam reaches the hearts of people even if they live in a desolate cave in the wilderness, or in the polar ice caps, or the middle of the densest jungles. Everywhere there is Allah's majesty.

One day, I picked up some books that my grandfather had given me. One was a history book called Early Islam. I started to read it, though I immediately hated it because I thought the Muslims hated Jews and Christians. I thought it was the Devil's religion. As I continued reading, I learnt that Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) received a vision from the angel Gabriel, just like the prophets of the Old Testament. The way in which the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) received the revelation while his reaction seemed so sincere, realistic, and modest at the same time opened my heart a little.

I then read a biased version of his life story, but it still showed the great accomplishment he did and key things that made me realize that this man, after receiving a revelation from Gabriel and spreading the message of One God while still confirming the message of the prophets of old, seemed to have accomplished more than both Jesus and King David (upon them both be peace) together. I was hooked. I then surfed and found a very important thing on the Internet: the Qur'an is compatible with science and modern knowledge. After this, I knew I had to become Muslim.

Read the details here.
Source:Journeytoislam@islam-online.net

No comments: