Friday, November 12, 2010

Taqwa

"And do not kill yourselves. Surely, Allaah is Most Merciful to you."  [QS an-Nisaa: 29]


Anas (B. Malik) reported Allah's Messenger SAW as saying: "None of you should make a request for death because of the trouble in which he is involved, but if there is no other help to it, then say: O Allah, keep me alive as long as there is goodness in life for me and bring death to me when there is goodness in death for me".
[Hadith Muslim #6480]

The Prophet SAW said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."
[Hadith Bukhari 7:670, Narrated Abu Huraira]

Subhan Allah, my heart weeps when I hear a fellow Muslim contemplates suicide, nauzubillah! Truly, this is a sign of one's level of iiman, 'ilm and taqwa. If you ever encounter such a situation, please get the person to say, "AstaghfirulLah wa atubu alaih" (May Allah have mercy on me and accept my repentance) 100 times a day, as was a sunnah of Prophet SAW. And when fearful, say "La ilaha ill Allah" (there is no deity but Allah). Read rulings on suicide here.

A note to myself: to be strong mentally, emotionally and spiritually when faced with such a tribulation and to counsel the ummah to the best of my ability... may Allah SWT guide me to the Straight Path, ameen ya Rabbal 'alameen.

Afternote: For those who abuse the oppressed, please reflect on the doa in the video as the doa of the oppressed is makbul. And may Allah saves us from the Hellfire by protecting us from such a situation, insya Allah, ameen ya Rabbal a'lameen.

No comments: