Friday, March 19, 2010

The Concept of Education in Islam

Following up from my earlier post on Child Education, being an instructional designer whose work is closely-related to human resource development either nurturing the young or training the corporate workers, I am keen to apply the concept of Education in Islam to my work, insya Allah.

I'm currently reading a book by Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas entitled The Concept of Education in Islam - A framework for an Islamic Philosophy of Education and will follow-up with another book by Mohd Nor Wan Daud entitled Educational Philosophy and Practice of Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas.

Afternote: I hope Sheikh Abdul Halim will soon conduct a program on this to provide elaborate explanation on ways to operationalise the concept of Education as envisaged by Syed Muhammad Naquib Al-Attas, insya Allah. The knowledge would motivate me to take up early childhood education.

2 comments:

Shahidah said...

yes..I am waiting for him to conduct it too!

Wassalam,
Shahidah

a.i. said...

Assalamualaykum wr. wb. sis Sha,
Thank you for viewing my post and for your comments. I'll definitely see you if this course is conducted. At the same time, Sis Yati and I will enrol in the class that is starting on 31 March 2010. Hope we'll see you there, insya Allah. Wasalaam :)